Friday, January 1, 2010

Church Rhyme

Ok this is the last one that I have completed. Hopefully I will have more for you guys soon, depends on if I have time and something to write with somewhere near me. I wrote this one in church (I know, shame on me) during one of my pastor's sermons. Don't worry, I was only somewhat tuning out what he said, I caught glimpses of good stuff every once in a while. Anyways here goes...

CHURCH RHYME...

This song is called love
and now I'm here singin this song
singin this long
Note
along with every man I can quote
writin bout love
and they gloat
all tryin to showboat
yet even Shakespeare wrote
lovely ballads
capturing hearts of the lonely, abandoned
poetically calling to all the ladies and roundin
up hearts to the theater around him
yes, its a hot topic
sweat drippin and droppin
no stoppin
when the feelin is here
ain't no way it is stoppin
ain't no way we can lock it away
out of the fray
of lonely hearts lookin for prey
yet Lord I pray
keep all this lustin at bay
let us find our way
back to your heart
back to the part
where we met at the start
let me find among rows
of belligerent prose
a sweet red rose
takes after the Son who arose
and shows
love's only a matter to those
who love in the light
of even the darkest times
when the heart aint alive
only beating in time
with One other.

No comments: