Friday, January 1, 2010

Mission trip-up

Well I finally have some materials to post. I know it has been a little while and I want to thank all of those who are patient with me on this. Lately things have been so busy that I haven't been able to complete anything that I have written. As I was telling a really good friend of mine, "I can't write in a moment's notice, but without notice I find myself in a writing inspired moment." Basically all I mean by that is that if I don't complete a thought as it is coming to me I cannot remember anything about it. Because of this I end up with hundreds of uncompleted thoughts and phrases that start out great, and spiral downward as I attempt to restart the flow later on. Some of these thoughts I have left uncompleted due to complete dissatisfaction with where it was going or because I couldn't come up with the thought that started it off so I was not able to complete them. There are also many ideas that have passes through my head and, since I had no opportunity to write them down, as soon as my focus switched to something else (even if for only a moment) I had lost it. Anyways, here is one that I started as a rap, lost it, tried to continue, and it kind of went... well I'll let you all be the judge.

SOLI, DEO, GLORIA

Woke up the first morning wondering why
there was sweat on my brow and tears in my eye
I was caught in the middle of my own little lie
praying glory hallelujah to the Lord on high

Got up, Got dressed, drew my Bible to my chest
got ready to immerse myself in this mess
that was going on, something now was going wrong
from where I was to where I talked, that would be a long song

Now the mission's started going on
children walking up, not knowing what is going on
We would talk, pray, sing, and then we started moving on
all like it was just another day in our own song

That's right, we're singing out a little song
and all the notes sound dang wrong
we act like its all perfect, ain't nothing to be saved from
yet everything we preach say, "get your life straight son"

Have we found the Son, or are we set for one
place where there is no sun, no joy, no fun
ain't like all these priceless moments tellin' em bout our Son
or our one, only our son, ticket out of a hard one

Life that is, the time that we were blessed with
yet every time I talk to you I'm hiding what I messed with
I'm desperate, seeking your attention, I'm a despot
Not sharing any love that I've been blessed with

So hear me now, all you people speakin' out
are you living what your preaching, out around your town
out of our town, are you hearing people asking what's going down
or is everything your doin' only blank sound.

I'm not writing this to scare you
I'm not tryin' to warp the real you
I'm just speakin' from the heart dude
and frankly, I'm a little lost, Aren't you?

No comments: